Okay, this is not particularly about the Baker family…except that we are feeling the pain of the tough times in the region!
This list came from Charlie Campbell and is making its way around town.
THINGS IN DAYTON ARE SO TOUGH THAT:
1. I bought a toaster and they threw in 5th/3rd Bank.
2. I’m getting pre-declined credit cards in the mail.
3. NCR members are playing miniature golf.
4. Hotwheels and Matchbox cars are trading higher than Lexus.
5. Obama met with small businesses to discuss the stimulus package like — GE, Pfizer, Chrysler, Citigroup and GM
6. McDonalds has announced the quarter-ouncer.
7. People in Oakwood have had to lay off their nannies and learn
their children’s names.
8. The highest-paying job in Montgomery County is jury duty.
9. Mothers in Africa are telling their kids, “Finish your food; kids
are starving in Dayton”
10. Motel Six will no longer be leaving the lights on.
11. The Gem City Mafia is laying off judges.
12. If National City/PNC returns your check marked “insufficient funds,” you have to call them and ask if they meant you or them.