Here it is. Our official summer fun guide for 2013. We started this tradition last year, and the kids prompted me to get started already for this year. In fact truth be told, we’ve even started checking items off the list with 10 more days of school to go!
You will find lots of Five Rivers MetroParks items on our list this year. This year marks the 50th anniversary of the parks system and we want to help them celebrate by visiting as many attractions as possible!
We hope that we spark a few ideas for summer fun for your family, and let me know if you would be interested in joining us for any of our adventures. This year, you can follow along with us on Flickr.
3. Eat at Stonehouse Tavern.
4. Go to Harry Potter Camp.
5. Go to Scooby Doo Camp.
6. Go to the beach at Caesars Creek.
7. Go to Red Hotz Camp.
8. Search for fossils at Caesar Creek spillway.
9. Take a vacation in Houston, TX!!
10. Eat at Sammy’s.
11. Make a volcano.
14. Campout in the backyard (once we get rid of all the ticks!).
16. Go to the Boonshoft, A LOT.
17. Go to the zoo, A LOT.
19. Make marble paintings.
20. Have an inside picnic in a lighted fort!
21. Have a board game marathon.
22. Have a movie marathon.
24. Make a TV show.
30. Go bowling!
31. Two words…SPLASH PADS!!!
32. Go to a Farmer’s Market. Let the kids pick out some fresh fruits and vegetables and go home and make something with them (or just eat them as is!).
34. Check out Celtic Festival at Riverscape.
36. Rearrange our bedrooms.
37. Create a classroom for homeschool.
38. Play in the rain.
39. Make art books.
40. Host a couple family cookouts.
41. Play miniature golf.
43. Read a chapter book together.
44. Get an awesome family pic.
45. EAT ICE CREAM!!
46. Raise goats, chickens, pigs, cows and garden.
49. Have bonfire and eat smores.
50. Explore, have fun, laugh, play, ENJOY!!